Energetic, articulate professional with analytical, creative and tribe-building strengths, I navigate corporate objectives with entrepreneurial scrappiness. Customer-centric and results-focused.
Strengths-Finder Themes Ideation, Strategic, Activator, Learner, Input, Woo.
|Digital Content Strategist
Livestream Producer, Host
Community Engagement Pro
Best Practices Synthesizer
Strategic Partner Nurturer
Social Media coach for executives
PRINCIPAL, DAWN E. Carter CONSULTING (Oct 1997- present)
- Wrote marketing strategy and audience segmentation for Riverside Food Systems Alliance (RFSA). Coached executive team on social media. Launched Instagram, Twitter and livestream (Periscope and Blab.im) channels to engage with fans. Created a brand guide and social media policy to ensure consistency.
- Responsible for planning, researching and implementing integrated communications strategy for Twubs, a social sharing event display provider based in Riverside, CA. Responsible for consistency across all customer touch points, including digital collateral, newsletters, events, press outreach, social media engagement.
- Planned and implemented communications strategy for Today’s Urban Renewal Network (TURN), a nonprofit fostering faith-based collective impact initiatives for the city of Riverside, CA. Responsible for all print and digital collateral, including videos, newsletters, event promotion, volunteer training material, fundraising appeals, social media engagement.
- Co-produced conference experiences for The Idea Camp. Lead pre-promotion and live-tweeting team, responsible for speaker recruiting, sponsorships, media management.
- Researched and wrote marketing strategies, analyzed Disney Cable customer data to identify variables contributing to churn. Analyzed online toy company eToys customer database for marketing insights.
- Identified key training objectives, wrote and presented Internet training for American Isuzu Motors’ national dealer base
Database marketing manager, The Los Angeles Times (feb 1996 – March 1997)
- Hired, interviewed, trained and managed a department of 3 full-time employees
- Managed a department which contributed over $1 million dollars in value to advertisers across all categories.
- Responsible for training of internal marketing and sales staff on clients’ database marketing practices in order to strategically position the Times’ products.
Associate Director Strategic Planning, Davis Elen Advertising (Feb 1994 – Feb 1996)
- Assessed client issues and identified solutions within a $140 million LA-based ad agency
- Applied Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools to local store marketing plans, found best customer look-alikes for our clients, monitored real-time media results by geographic area
- Clients: SoCal Toyota Dealers, McDonald’s Operator Groups, Knott’s Berry Farm, Sanwa Bank, Chief Auto Parts, Del Webb, Ralph’s Grocery stores
strategic info resource ctr supervisor, American Isuzu Motors (Oct1988 – DEC 1993)
- Saved the company over $100,000 by bringing market studies in-house
- Analyzed sales potential, demographic forecasts and segment penetration in over 15 formal Market Studies, including maps, data and site visits across the country
Education BETHEL UNIVERSITY – ST. PAUL, MN Bachelor of Arts Degree, 1986
Major: Psychology Minors: Communications and Theology